5 January 2021 – Message from the Headmaster
With the Prime Minister having addressed the nation last night, mentioning the lockdown and the implications for schools, you were no doubt expecting yet another update from me!
The main points you need to be aware of now are:
- School sites are now closed to all pupils except Year 7 children of key workers and vulnerable children and will be so until February half term at least.
- Children of key workers and vulnerable children are being tested at NTS – using lateral flow tests – on arrival, before they start their work.
- Remote learning starts today for all year groups and will continue, again, until February half term at least.
- Mass testing has been postponed; we are likely to resume this when the majority of pupils are allowed to return to school (around February half term).
- GCSE exams for Year 11 pupils and A-level exams for Year 13 students are unlikely to take place in the usual format; we are awaiting clarification from the DfE on how exactly children will be assessed. Exams for vocational qualifications (BTECs and Level 3 Extended Certificates) are, at this point, still expected to happen.
Thank you for your patience and forbearance on these matters. It continues to be a time of great uncertainty for all concerned.
We will of course update you again when we have more information.
Mr DS Northwood
Letter from the Headmaster regarding the mass-testing strategy and return to school guidance – 31 December 2020
Consent Form for Lateral Flow Testing
Message from the Headmaster – 30 December 2020