FRIENDS OF THE NELSON THOMLINSON SCHOOL
FONTS aims to help and support the school and provide a social network for the parents and teachers.
It provides practical help at functions such as concerts, plays and parent teacher meetings. They raise hundreds of pounds for the school. This has allowed different areas of the school to benefit from equipment that would not normally have been purchased.
FONTS supported the introduction of ParentMail in 2016, an initiative that has proved highly popular.
How can parents help?
- Attend two FONTS meetings where you can find out about future events. These are advertised on the school Facebook page and this web site.
- Help with refreshments at school events.
- Attend fund raising occasions.
- Join the ‘100 Club’ which runs from January each year. It costs £10 to join with £20, £15 and £10 awarded each month in a prize draw. Please click on the link for a copy of the application letter for the 100 club.
- Register for Easy Fund Raising – you will need to register on this site: easyfundraising.org.uk
(The company you make a purchase from gives money to FONTS without any cost to you!)
Register and support The Nelson Thomlinson School PTA. Save ‘Easy Fund Raising’ to your desk top or favourites tab
When shopping: go through the easy fundraising site to select up to 2700 retailers.
This includes Amazon, Ebay, John Lewis and M & S
Every time you shop you are earning money for extra equipment & resources for our school.
Thank you for your wonderful support!
For further information about the PTA contact Pauline Wright, Chairperson – firstname.lastname@example.org .